npa membership surges following record activity at natpe and realscreen
Non-Fiction Producers Association Adds 10 Companies to its Ranks,
Lifting Membership to 52 Entities across the US and Canada
(Feb. 2, 2017) – NEW YORK and LOS ANGELES – Coming out of NATPE in Miami, followed by last week’s Realscreen Summit in Washington, D.C., the Nonfiction Producers Association (NPA) is experiencing a surge in membership activity, announcing today that 10 new member companies have joined its ranks: eight production companies/individual producers, and two “Associate” member companies, which serve the industry.
Lifting NPA membership to a total of 52 entities across the United States and Canada are production companies Anomaly Entertainment; Blackfin Productions; Bottle Rocket Films; INvelop Entertainment; Diana Marcketta; Mix Tape Media; Pink Sneakers and Red Rock Films, as well as new Associate members Media Central and Wise Entertainment Law.
Said NPA General Manager John Ford, who made the announcement, “We’ve had an exciting and high-profile two weeks at two of our industry’s most important gatherings, resulting in a surge of interest in the NPA and 10 new members. Our blue-chip membership of top companies produces over 4000 hours of nonfiction a year, including some of the longest-running and top-rated series on the air. Our recent introduction of several new tiers of membership adds greater diversity to our ranks."
Ford added, “The NPA engages the issues that are most important to producers and networks, and remains 100% committed to promoting best practices that support the unscripted business. We’re delighted to welcome our new members to the fold and look forward to the continued growth and impact of the NPA.”
• Anomaly Entertainment is a new production company formed by veteran TV executives Matthew Kelly and Michael Sorensen.
• Blackfin Productions (I am Homicide) is run by producer Geno McDermott.
• Bottle Rocket Films is a new venture from producer Flower Hulihan whose work has aired on FOX, A&E, ID, Oxygen and more.
• INvelop Entertainment, a multimedia production company focusing on unscripted TV and feature docs, was launched in 2016 by longtime producer Brant Pinvidic. The company has an exclusive production deal with STX.
• Diana Marcketta has produced series for CBS, NBC, Showtime, TLC, Discovery, Animal Planet, PBS and more.
• Media Central (Assoc. member), the worldwide source for crews, production and post, is run by its president, Jay Schlossberg, whose clients include HBO, CBS, History, A&E, Discovery and countless other networks and studios.
• Mix Tape Media (Swab Stories, Must Love Cats), a Magilla Entertainment company, is the new shingle run by veteran producer Seanbaker Carter.
• Pink Sneakers, an OAKZ Media company, is helmed by Co-Founders John and Kimberly Ehrhard; credits include Hogan Knows Best, Most Eligible Dallas and the ALMA Awards.
• Red Rock Films was launched in 2010 by 30-year TV veteran Brian Armstrong, who has produced for Discovery, NatGeo, Animal Planet, Smithsonian Channel and more.
• Wise Entertainment Law (Assoc. member) is run by attorney Robert M. Wise, whose practice focuses on the negotiation of US cable network agreements and other transactions relating to the development, production, financing, distribution and licensing of reality television shows.
About the NPA
Founded in 2014, the NPA is the first professional body created to represent the non-fiction content production business in the United States, and now Canada. The NPA offers information and assistance to production companies, their staffs and production employees, conveying the strength and value of the industry, and promoting best practices that ensure production employees, independent contractors, vendors and other stakeholders have a voice and platform for meaningful discourse that can encourage and contribute to the continued success and welfare of all parties within the nonfiction television industry. Combined, the NPA’s member companies produce more than half of the non-fiction content on US broadcast and cable television, as well as online/OTT networks. For more information visit www.nonfictionproducers.org.
|3 Ball Entertainment||Leftfield Pictures|
|All 3 Media America||Lighthearted Entertainment|
|Anomaly Entertainment||Lion Television|
|Authentic Entertainment||Loud TV|
|Big Fish Entertainment||Lucky 8|
|Blackfin Productions||Magical Elves|
|Boomdozer Inc.||Magilla Entertainment|
|Bottle Rocket Films||Mix Tape Media|
|Bunim/Murray Productions||MY Entertainment|
|Cream Productions||Outpost Entertainment|
|Diana Marcketta||Park Slope Productions|
|Evolution Media||Pink Sneakers|
|Glass Entertainment Group||Red Rock Films|
|Go Go Luckey Entertainment||Renegade 83|
|GRB Entertainment||Sharp Entertainment|
|Half Yard Productions||Sirens Media|
|High Noon Entertainment||T Group Productions|
|INvelop Entertainment||The CO|
|ITV America||Trium Entertainment|
|Jane Street Entertainment||Truly Original|
|Jupiter Entertainment||World of Wonder|
|(Additional Company - name
withheld at company's request)
|Take 1 Transcription|
|Wise Entertainment Law|